Thursday, August 30, 2007

My baby gets braces!!











Well its been a long time coming. Curtis' dentist Dr. Lawson told me a few years ago that eventually Curtis was going to need braces. So today was his big day. After several appts with his orthodontist Dr. Evans from getting measurements to pictures to x-rays to moldings of his teeth they started his treatments today. He seemed to be in pretty good spirts the whole time we were there until they actually started putting the braces on then he tensed up. I took several pictures so that I could make him a scrapbook. Its just not everyday that your baby gets braces. Hes always been so good at keeping his teeth clean and in good shape. Always doing a really good job at brushing his teeth everyday. So I'm just hoping that he keeps up the good work while hes wearing the braces as well. Curtis has got a really bad gag reflex so all of the things they had to stick in his mouth to keep his lips from touching his teeth and keeping his tongue back was not easy for him at all. Grandma went with us today. (my mom) and I am so very glad that she did because Curtis started getting a little scared and was tearing up some. Which was making me tear up as well. So while I was holding his hand and talking to him she took over on the camera and got some really good pictures. Thank you mom for being there for the both of us. I can hear her now saying "that's what mothers and grandmothers are for" One of my favorite pictures other then the one of Mom Curtis and Me that the nurse took is the one of him looking up and the Dr. as if to say "please tell me its over" So anyways in case you can't really tell what colors he chose from the pictures they are green and gold. Actually looks really good together.

2 comments:

melva said...

I like the pic of you, Curtis, and your mom best. And Curtis looks so handsome in his new braces!!!! :)

melva said...
This comment has been removed by the author.