Friday, December 22, 2006

Can't blame a girl for trying




Well I've tried and tried to get the kids to tell me what their daddy and them got me for Christmas. I'm guessing that DJ musta threatened them within 2 inches of their lives if they was to tell me because these little elves aren't coming off of it for nothing. My kids always tell me everything but this nope its just not happening. Now mind you little Lacy has the biggest mouth of them all I thought for sure I could get it out of her. She keeps saying "Nehi I'll tell you on Christmas day what daddy and us got you." Well now what good is that doing me now? So I figured the kids will tell Santa wouldn't they? So here's what I did, this is actually a shorter version of what all happened. I went and grabbed the Santa hat that my mother in law got me last year, put a big over sized red shirt of DJs on with a pillow under it of course, then went into the bathroom and grabbed some of DJs shaving cream and put it all over my face like a mustache and beard. The kids were in Curtis room playing I politely knocked on the bedroom door. Lacy answered and I deepened my voice and said " Ho Ho Ho, Merry Christmas little ones, has everyone been good little boys and girls this year?" Well of course my son just fell in the floor laughing at me, Lacy on the other hand of course knowing it was me just kinda went along with it. She said " yes Santa we've been very good, umm Nehi whats that on your face?" I said "my name is not Nehi its Santa." She said "oh sorry Santa whats that on your face?" I said " its my beard little girl, now whats your name?" She said "Lacy" I said "oh well hello Lacy how are you? She said "fine" I said "So Lacy tell me something" she said "sure Santa" I said "So tell me Lacy what did your daddy, Curtis and you get your stepmother for Christmas?" When all of a sudden my son jumped up off of the floor and started screaming "no Lacy don't its a trick its a trick its really my mommy dressed up as Santa don't tell her!!" Grrr I was thiiiis __ close to finding out!! They then grabbed my hat, tried to steal my pillow and chased me out of their room. Oh well what can I say? I tried, better luck next year I guess. LOL Honestly if she was to start to tell me and which I really don't think that she was going to I would have of course stopped her from saying, it was just fun trying to bribe it out of them both. Oh yeah, while I'm posting seeing how I don't do it very often I thought I would share some pictures of the kids putting up the Christmas tree weeks ago. Hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas!!!

4 comments:

Sheryl said...

I love the Christmas background.
The pictures of the kids are really good too. I wish Curtis had taken a picture of you dressed as Santa. Might have to sneak him one of those little keychain disk cameras so he can capture all those special, wait till everyone sees this moments. LOL

melva said...

I have to agree with Sheryl, I would have loved to have seen a picture of you all decked out as Santa!!!! You are worse than the kids trying to find out what they got. :)

DeAnna said...

I agree as well, as soon as you said you dressed up like that, I thought "now why couldn't someone get a picture of that." :) Too bad Isabella wasn't up there, she'd tell anyone what they got for Christmas if she knew. Hope your Christmas and New Years was great!

melva said...

Renisa,
when are you going to update your blog? :)