Saturday, February 24, 2007

Happy B-day Chance Mommy loves & misses you!!







Well today my son Chance would have been 5 years old. Its hard to believe that its been that long ago it seems like just yesterday I got to see his beautiful face for the very first time. Anyway for those of you that don't know about my son Chance here's a shorter version of what took place. It all started pretty much from just a month into my pregnancy. I was in and out of the hospital with bleeding and passing clots threw out my entire pregnancy. The doctor kept telling me that if I could just hold onto him threw the first 12 weeks normally everything would calm down then and it would be just fine. Boy was he ever wrong. The 12 weeks came and went but, just a month later is when my worse nightmare took place. I of course got put back into the hospital with bleeding again they kept me over night and released me the very next day. Before leaving the hospital they checked me for dilating and I was at 0 cm. He put me on complete bed rest for 2 weeks. Well I went to the office where my parents had little Curtis and layed down. About 10 mins later I had to go to the restroom while I was sitting there using the restroom I reach over to grab some tissues to blow my nose. ( I had a bad head cold at the time)to Well when I did that I felt allot of pressure and what felt like a balloon between my legs. So I did what I'm sure every women would have done I put my hand down there feel what it was that I was feeling and was completely horrified to find out that what I was feeling was just what I had guessed. Yelp that's right it was Chances head. Well at this point all I knew to do was slowly push his head back inside of me and holler for my Mother. She came a running I asked her to call for Big Curtis he was next door at the shop working so he could take me back up to the hospital. So he rushed me back up to the hospital I went back to labor and delivery and the nurse that had just released me not more then 45 mins prior checked me again and was shocked to see that in only 45 mins I had dilated from 0 cm to 8 cm. Dr. Lasker gave us a few choices to go ahead and go to the delivery room and go ahead and delivery or try to sew my cervix back up and keep Chance in there as long as possible. So of course we chose the 2nd option. So bright and early the next morning he took me into the operating room and did what they call a cerclodge (sp) and sewed my cervix back up. But only a few weeks after that my water broke and all they could do was to med flight me to a larger hospital and go ahead and deliver. So that's what they did they sent me to Charleston Area Medical Center and delivered Chance a few days later. He was born at 23 weeks into my pregnancy and weighed in at 15.2 oz and was 11 in. long. He actually did really well for the first few days but on the 5th day made a major turn around for the worse. The day he turned a week old it had already gotten to the point to were only the machines were keeping him alive he was in so much pain they were giving him morphine. He started having brain bleeds and some of his organs where shutting down like his kidneys they were pumping him with so many meds and his little body wasn't letting all of the fluids back out. He started swelling and was just in so much pain that we decided to go ahead and have him taking off of all of the machines. We took little Curtis into the hospitals chapel and explained to him what was going on and that his little brother was not going to be able to come home with us. Little Curtis of course wanted to see his brother and talk to him. So the nurses there let Little Curtis come in to see his brother they made sure to cover him up really well so that all of the tubes and everything wouldn't scare Little Curtis. He leaned over and rubbed Chances head and told him that he loved him and talked to him and held his hand while the hospitals Preacher baptized Chance. Anyways I said that this was going to be a short version and it didn't turn out that way. I've posted pictures of Chance in a previous post so this time i decided to take some pictures of some of his things that I still have. The blanket that I have everything laying on is a blanket that a lady made at the hospital and gave it to me that's the same blanket that he was wrapped up in when I got to hold him for the first time. I also took a pic of his blood pressure cuff wrapped around Little Curtis finger just to show how very small it was, and of course one of his diapers which mind you was actually rather big on him and it was still very small as well.

No comments: